Monday 23 July 2012

Response: Listening strategies

I was quite excited to read this article on L2 learning, since I haven't read much from the area in my
courses as I would've liked.  The strategy-based theory is interesting, and it seems like the osmosis approach to language teaching is still out there.  It may look like application of the "osmosis" philosophy but it may also be teachers not knowing where to start teaching listening.  Looking back on my practice so far, it was interesting that teaching grammar and writing was quite strategy-based, but listening was not.  The students were supposed to "just do it".  I'm curious as to how we can use technology to teach strategy-based learning.  I have used French songs in class, but it would be great to hear about other tools and resources as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment